Sunday, October 12, 2008

10-12

Wow,
If a doctor ever talks about putting freeze-dried bone (aka cadaver bone) into your jaw, just politely say, "No, thank you." Your mouth will thank you.


On another note, I can now do a trick which I do not believe many people are able to do. I can close my jaws such that my molars are touching and then...drum roll please....stick out my tongue all the way. I no longer am the proud owner of my two front teeth and with no bottom teeth, I have this nice opening. I don't even think little kids can do this because they do not have molars yet. Are you jealous?

Besides me and my mouth procedure, there are two thing happening this weekend: Gloucester and Eastern's at Sunday RIver. Hopefully at this time next year, I will recollect how much I want to ride and race. But for now, it is just recover recover recover.
Rose

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny, miss Rose. You're killin' me with your incredible perspective. I'm proud to say I knew you were amazing from the first time I met you -- but I had no idea HOW amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rose,
I don't know you but I really admire your positive attitude about your accident and recovery. It must be a really tough not being able to ride but I think it's great that you're keeping this blog. The whole UVM community is pulling for you and I wear my helmet in solidarity.
Stay strong,
Molly E.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind next time I have to go to the doctor.

Here's hoping the recovery is going quickly and well!

-Emma

LibraryLady said...

Keep it going Rose. I love your attitude and you are an inspiration to us all. The song your Dad wrote is great fun! Sending healthy thoughts your way! Janis Minshull